- ABOUT LARRY’S BACKGROUND -
Larry's natural artistic abilities lead him to study Classic Fine Art and Graphic Design at the University of Southern Mississippi. Beginning his career as an Art Director in Atlanta, Larry quickly discovered his love for artistic expression through photography.
-After being approached by Times Journal Publications, Larry was soon heading their Photography Department, where his award-winning photojournalism gained national attention and his fashion work caught the eye of Macys Department Stores out of New York (Federated Department Stores).
-Macys was looking for a Southern Photographer with a New York style and invited Larry to lead their team as head of the Fashion Photography Department for their new Macy's/Rich's, Southeastern Division, where he gained acclaim from international Fashion Designers and Directors.
-Later, opening Marchant Productions, Larry has gone on to win photography and design awards in Fashion, Travel/Resort, Architecture and Fine-Art, as well as Video with his international award-winning video team.
- ABOUT LARRY‘S WORK -
- His work has now been published across Europe, South America, Asia and North America, and has also been seen in such magazines as Vogue, Playboy, Condé Nast and others.
- His international client list includes Coca-Cola, ResortQuest International, Macy’s (Federated Department Stores) and Russell Athletic Sportswear.
- Larry recently won three Golden ADDY Awards from the American Advertising Federation for a coffee table book he produced for one of his celebrity clients, including:
- Best Photography Campaign
- Best Book Design
- Larry has lectured on his work including Emory University, The Creative Congress, and Smithsonian affiliated Booth Museum, (which won USA Today's #1 Reader’s Choice Award for Best Museum, 2020-21-22).
- Italy’s premier photography magazine, ImageMAG, published out of Milan, recently featured Larry, and his Fine-Art works.
- Atlanta’s opening night reception of Larry's latest one-man exhibition 'In Search of Light' drew over 450 guests from five states.
-Larry's Fine-Art Photography has been exhibited in galleries and museums including:
Milan, Italy International Fine Art Fair
Turin, Italy Fine-Art Images Gallery
Brescia, Italy Image Academy Gallery
Atlanta, GA USA High Museum of Art
Atlanta, GA USA Smithsonian's affiliated Booth Museum
Atlanta, GA USA Emory University Fine Arts Center